Your privacy is important to Albany Classic
- The personal data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
- Links to other websites and third parties
- How we share your data
- Your rights
- Changes to this privacy notice
- How to contact us
Who is Albany Classic
Albany Classic is a large community event managed by an Organising Committee in Albany, Western Australia. We act as a hub of information for car enthusiasts by sharing information about businesses and groups involved in the event. We also participate in, and share information about similar events and groups.
Albany Classic, (collectively referred to as “we”, “us”, “the event” and “our” in this privacy notice) is the controller and responsible for your personal data collected through the www.albanyclassic.com website (the “website”).
Our commitment to you
We take the protection of your personal data seriously and will process your personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently. This privacy notice describes the personal data we are collecting about you and how it is used.
We will only collect and use your personal data for the following purposes, to:
- fulfill your order(s) or enquries
- keep you up to date with the latest information and products
- give you a better shopping and browsing experience
- help us to make our marketing more relevant to you and your interests
- improve our services
- meet our legal responsibilities
How we keep your data safe and secure
We have appropriate safeguards and security measures in place to protect your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
The communication between your browser and our website uses a secure encrypted connection wherever your personal data is involved.
We require any third party who is contracted to process your personal data on our behalf to have security measures in place to protect your data and to treat such data in accordance with the law.
In the unfortunate event of a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator.
The personal data we collect
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymised data, where the identity and identifying information has been removed.
While our website is designed for a general audience, we will not knowingly collect any data from those under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to submit your data (for the purpose of us sharing it) to the website, without parent or guardian authority.
The following groups of personal data are collected:
- Identity Data includes information such as: first name, last name, title, date of birth (optional), personal description and photo.
- Contact Data includes information such as: email address, billing address, delivery address, location, country, telephone number and social media id (if you interact via social media).
- Financial Data includes information such as: payment card details and bank account.
- Transaction Data includes information such as: details of your purchases and the fulfillment of your orders (such as basket number, order number, subtotal, title, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, single item price, category, tax etc.); payments to and from you and details of other products and services you have obtained from us, correspondence or communications with you in respect of your orders, and details of any rewards and bonuses awarded.
- Technical Data includes information such as: details of the device(s) you use to access our services, your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, your username and password, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Profile Data includes information such as: purchases or orders made by you, product and style interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information such as: how and when you use our website/app, how you moved around it, what you searched for; website/app performance statistics, traffic, location, weblogs and other communication data; and details of any other of our products and services used by you.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes information such as: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we collect your data
We may collect personal data about you in the following ways:
- Direct interactions – you may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction, Profile, and Marketing and Communications data (as described above) by filling in forms, entering information online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, telephone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide, for example, when you:
- Create an account or purchase products on our website;
- Subscribe to our newsletter, discussion boards, social media sites or create wish lists;
- Enter a competition;
- Complete a voluntary market research survey; or
- Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email, social media, or messaging service)
- Third parties – we may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including:
- Technical Data from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google. Please see further information in the section entitled ‘Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies’.
- Technical Data from affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website;
- Identity and Contact Data from social media platforms when you log in to our website using such social media platforms;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How we use your data
The legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
- we have your consent to do so, or
- we need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfill your order or provide customer support connected with an order, or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
Uses made of your personal data
Your personal data is used by us to support a range of different activities. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we wish to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
If you have any questions about how we use any of your personal data, please contact us.
How long we keep your data for
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) it was provided for and to meet our legal obligations. Further details of the periods for which we retain data are available on request.
Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
Marketing – your preferences
We may send you marketing communications and promotional offers:
- if you have opened an account with us or purchased goods from us, or registered for a promotion or event, and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing (in accordance with your preferences, as explained below);
- by email if you have signed up for email newsletters;
- if you have provided us with your details when you entered a competition and you have consented to receiving such marketing (in accordance with your preferences, as explained below).
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Transactional, Usage, Profile Data and Marketing and Communications Data to form a view on what we think you may like, or what may be of interest to you, and to send you details of products and offers which may be relevant for you.
We will ask you for your preferences in relation to receiving marketing communications by email, post, SMS and other communication channels.
From time to time we may also include with your order, inserts advertising goods, services or offers from other third-party companies that you may be interested in.
In respect of third party marketing communications, we will obtain your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You will always have full control of your marketing preferences. If you do not wish to continue receiving marketing information from us (or any third party, if applicable) at any time:
- you can unsubscribe or ‘opt-out’ by using the unsubscribe button and following the link included in the footer of any marketing email; or
- account holders may withdraw their consent by simply contacting us.
We will process all opt-out requests as soon as possible, but please note that due to being a small business and the nature of our systems and servers it may take a few days for any opt-out request to be implemented.
What are Cookies?
We’re not talking about the cookie that you eat (unfortunately). Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which allow our site to recognise your device and are downloaded to your device when you visit a website if you agree to the site doing so. Cookies are then sent back to the website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and are widely used in order to either make websites, work more efficiently, let you navigate between pages, remember your preferences, and generally improve your user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Change Browser Settings
If you don’t change your browser settings and continue to use our site, we will assume that you consent to us continuing to download cookies onto your device.
Whether or not you allow us to download cookies is up to you, but if you choose to disable cookies by changing your Browser Settings, our Website and its features may not necessarily work in the same way or produce the same personalised experience. If you delete all of your cookies, you will have to update your preferences with us again. If you use a different device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you find our products. Like many companies, we may target banners and ads to you when you use other websites and apps, based on your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and a range of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience Service.
Our use of analytics and targeted advertising tools
We use a range of analytics and targeted advertising tools to display relevant website content on our website and online advertisements on other websites and apps (as described above) to you, deliver relevant content to you in marketing communications (where applicable), and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided. For example, we use tools such as Google Analytics to analyse Google’s interest-based advertising data and/or third-party audience data (such as age, marital status, life event, gender and interests) to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and website content. We may also use tools provided by other third parties, such as Facebook, Content Square, Adroll, Responsys, Criteo and Bing to perform similar tasks, using your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data.
In order to opt out of targeted advertising you need to disable your ‘cookies’ in your browser settings or opt-out of the relevant third-party ad settings. For example, you can opt-out of the Google Display Advertising Features.
The Digital Advertising Alliance (which includes companies such as Google, Responsys and Facebook) provides a tool called WebChoices that can perform a quick scan of your computer or mobile devices, find out which participating companies have enabled customised ads for your browser, and adjust your browser preferences accordingly.
If you would like any further information about the data collected by these third parties or the way in which the data is used, please contact us.
Links to other websites and third parties
Our website may include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to their websites.
How we share your data
We may disclose and share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- where you have consented for us to do so. For example, if you have consented to receive marketing materials from third parties, or in respect of third parties’ (including co-branded or jointly promoted) products and services, we may pass your data on to the relevant third parties for the purpose of sending you such marketing communications;
- to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business for the purposes set out in the table above in the section ‘How we use your data’, such as:
- third party service providers that we engage to provide IT systems and software, and to host our website;
- third party payment processing services (such as, Paypal and Afterpay) to process your payment to us. We do not store your payment information. Your payment details are provided to the payment processing service you have selected, who are compliant with necessary regulations. These third party payment providers process your data as a data controller;
- third party service providers that we engage to deliver goods you have ordered;
- third party service providers that we engage to send emails and postal mail on our behalf including in relation to incomplete orders or abandoned baskets, or marketing communications, to provide data cleansing services and to provide marketing and advertising services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- to professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
You have several rights under the data privacy legislation. This includes, under certain circumstances, the right to:
- request access to your personal data
- request correction of your personal data
- request erasure of your personal data
- request restriction of processing of your personal data
- request the transfer of your personal data
- object to processing of your personal data
- request human intervention for automated decision making
Brief details of each of these rights are set out below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Request access to your personal data
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you and certain information relating to our processing of your personal data.
Request correction of your personal data
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can update your personal data at any time by logging into your account and updating your details directly, or by contacting us.
Request erasure of your personal data
This enables you to request that we delete your personal data, where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data
You have a right to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain scenarios, for example if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data, or you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. Where processing is restricted, we are allowed to retain sufficient information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
Request the transfer of your personal data
You have the right to obtain a digital copy of your personal data or request the transfer of your personal data to another company. Please note though that this right only applies to automated data which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the data to perform a contract with you.
Object to processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we believe we have a legitimate interest in processing it (as explained above). You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your data which override your rights and freedoms.
Request human intervention for automated decision making and profiling
You have the right to request human intervention where we are carrying out automated decision making when processing your personal data. This form of processing is permitted where it is necessary as part of our contract with you, providing that appropriate safeguards are in place or your explicit consent has been obtained.
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise any of the above rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we process your data, please contact us. You also have the right to make a complaint to data protection regulators in Australia.
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time we may change this privacy notice. If there are any significant changes we will post updates on our website, applications or let you know by email.
How to contact us
We welcome feedback and are happy to answer any questions you may have about your data.
This privacy notice was last updated on 25 May 2019 (Version 1)
By Albany Classic of Western Australia
Visit our Contact page for all contact information.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information about us
- www.albanyclassic.com is operated by Albany Classic (“We”). We are a large community event managed by an Organising Committee in Albany, Western Australia. Our email address can be found on our contact page.
2. Service availability
- We can only accept and supply orders within Australia.
3. Your status
You may only purchase Products from us if:
- you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract with us (for example, in Australia you must be at least 18 years old);
- you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card or payment account (ie Paypal or Afterpay) used to pay for your order.
4. How the contract is formed between you and us
- Once you have placed your order, you should receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that We have received your order (but please contact us if you do not receive this email). Please note this does not mean that your order has been accepted. All orders are subject to availability and acceptance by us (which We may refuse for any reason).
- After you submit your order, we immediately contact your bank or card issuer for authorisation to take payment from your account. We will not process your order until payment has been received in full. If we accept your order we will get your order ready for dispatch at which point the contract between us (“Contract”) will be formed.
- As soon as you place your order, we start to process your order which means you may not be able to change it before delivery, but you may be able to return your Products.
- From time to time We may make minor changes to a Product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- These terms and conditions, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language. Please note that We may not necessarily keep a copy of your Contract. You should keep a copy of these terms and conditions and your order for future reference.
- Your order will be fulfilled as soon as reasonably possible. In any event, delivery will take place no more than 30 days after the day your Contract is entered into.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the Products cannot be posted through your letterbox or left in a safe place, after three failed attempts, we may end the Contract.
- Delivery of your order will be complete when We deliver the Products to the address you gave us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
- You will own the Products once We have received payment in full.
- The images of the Products on our site and in our other advertising materials are for illustrative purposes only. Your Products may vary slightly from those images. Although We have made every effort to display and print the colours of the Products accurately, We cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the pictures, or the pictures in our other advertising materials, accurately reflect the colours of the Products that will be delivered to you.
6. Price and payment
- The price payable for the Products shall be as shown on our site in Australian Dollars (AUD), but exclude delivery charges which are payable in addition and shown separately during the checkout process.
- We can change the prices on our site at any time without notice, but changes will not affect orders which We have already accepted.
- We accept payment by debit card, credit card, or Paypal or Afterpay (if you are making a purchase on the website for delivery to an address in Australia).
- If We accept and process your order where there is a pricing error that is obvious and unmistakable and which could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, We may end the Contract, refund to you any sums you have paid under the Contract and require the return of any Products provided to you.
- If you wish to apply a voucher code to your order, you must enter the relevant code during the online checkout process. Only one voucher code can be used per order and additional terms and conditions may apply in respect of each voucher code. We reserve the right to decline to accept any voucher code that is invalid for your order or that has expired.
- You have 28 days to return your items starting from the day you receive your order. This returns period starts from the date you receive your order. For further information on returns please contact us.
8. Our liability
- If We fail to comply with these terms and conditions, We are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both We and you knew it might happen.
- We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. If you use the Products for any commercial, business or resale purpose, We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any matter for which We may not exclude or limit our liability under any applicable law.
9. Intellectual property rights
- All and any Intellectual Property Rights in the Products shall be owned by us or our licensors. All such rights are reserved.
10. Other important terms
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your rights as a consumer under the applicable law in Australia.
- If We have to contact you, We will do so by in writing or telephone, using the contact details you provided to us in your order, unless you have asked us to contact you by any other means. When We refer in these terms and conditions to “in writing”, this includes email.
- We may change these terms and conditions from time to time. The terms and conditions that apply to your Contract will be those that are displayed on our site when you place your order.
- We may assign or transfer our rights and obligations under the Contract to another organisation. Except in cases where you pay using Afterpay, We will tell you in writing if this happens and We will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract. If you pay using Afterpay, we may assign to Afterpay Pty Ltd (ABN 151 693 429 47) our rights to collect payment for the Products from you without obtaining your consent and without any requirement to notify you of such assignment.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if We agree in writing.
- The Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If We fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms and conditions, or if We do not enforce our rights against you, or if We delay in doing so, that will not mean that We have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If We do waive a default by you, We will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that We will automatically waive any later default by you.
11. After-sales service
- Questions, complaints, comments or requests regarding these terms and conditions or our Products should be addressed to Organising Committee via contact details on our contact page.
Promotion terms and conditions
Official Albany Classicpromotion codes entitle you to an offer on your online order from our website. To utilise your promotion code, enter the code on the cart page (enter the code specifically as it is shown). Please note, promotion codes can only be used once per transaction and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Promotion codes remain our property, are not transferable and are not valid for the purchase of gift cards or gift vouchers. There is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to withdraw any promotion codes and refuse or restrict any order at any time. Promotion codes are only valid on our website for payments made by Australian residents.
Gift vouchers terms and conditions
- Gift certificates are not currently available for purchase online, if you have an existing and valid gift certificate this can still be redeemed by contacting us directly and by submitting the original voucher in person or via the post.
- Gift Certificates are non-transferable, non-refundable and are not redeemable for cash
- We cannot replace lost or stolen Gift Certificates.
There is no competition currently active.